New figures show that Britain’s top ten richest people in the world of social media are worth a total of £15.8bn, a huge part of that figure came from the wealth of Facebook investor Alisher Usmanov, according to the latest Sunday Times Rich List, usmanov is the second overall. He is worth some £12.3bn.
Another Russian multimillionaire Andrey Andreev, the founder of the online dating site Badoo, is a new entrant into the list, he currently occupies fifth position in the social media top ten with a net worth of £500m. Badoo is a social discovery website, founded in 2006.
Another Social media millionaire on the list is Michael Moritz, the legendary Silicon Valley venture capitalist who made his fortune by investing in business networking site Linkedin, among others.
Below is the list of the Top 10 Social media millionaires
Social Media Millionaires:
1. Alisher Usmanov, Facebook: £12.3bn
2. Michael Moritz, Linkedin: £1.08bn
3. Niklas Zennstrom, Skype: £600m
4. U2 (Bono), Facebook, Yelp: £514m
5. Andrey Andreev, Badoo: £500m
6. Michael and Xochi Birch, Bebo, TweetDeck: £270m
7. Vikrant Bhargava, SocialGO: £230m
8. Daniel Ek, Spotify: £190m
9. Tihan Presbie, Miniclip: £155m
10. Joanna Shields, Bebo, Facebook: £50m