Technology and Social media helps businesses by putting in contact with a plethora of prospective clients. Businesses can take advantage of Social media or social networking sites for free. In fact, being a business person you can use it as the most useful methods to keep yourself and your business evident before public. In this modern age, with social networking and technology websites, you can establish and improve your customer base that would help your business to grow significantly. There are a number of social networking sites that you can use to prosper in business. Delicious, Facebook, Flickr, Gaia Online, Linkedin, Live Journal, Myspace, StumbleUpon and Twitter are some of the most effective and popular ones.
How to use social media
Here are the tips that you can follow to get the best out of social media.
- Open accounts – Although there are hundreds of social media sites, yet MySpcae, Facebook and Twitter are the most powerful amongst them. Make sure you open accounts in these three sites even if you don’t open accounts in other social networking sites. For setting up an account on any of the social sites, you simply need to generate a username and password and give a genuine email address. After you create your account, you can start using the social media site for the promotion of your business.
- Create user page – Now it comes to creating a user page on the site to introduce yourself, your business as well as the products or services you offer. Make sure you provide a short description of the products or services and also your contact information (your email id, contact number or physical address) so that the interested and prospective clients can contact you.
- Design other pages – You need to design other pages such a way that they don’t emphasize on your business. But, at the same time, you must keep posting regularly about your services and products on those pages. Try to avoid posting anything that is meant to sell directly. The prospects must not feel like they are always bombarded with promotional pitch as it may avert them. Apart from business posts, you can also post something conversational so that the customers can interact with you as a person, not an entrepreneur. You must update the page with something that attracts people; for example, wishing the visitors with holiday wishes during holiday season. It would give your prospects a reason for visiting your social media pages. Unless you update your pages on a regular basis, your potential customers will become reluctant about your pages as well as your business.
- Add puzzles or games – You may add puzzles or games that somehow relate to the products or services you offer. It would let the visitors enjoy some fun activities on your page. And, at the same time, it would help you endorse your services or products in a unique way. You can also offer something promotional like coupons or products at discount price.
- Link between social media pages – It is very important part towards endorsing your business through social media. It would help you increase your customer base. For examples, if you tweet about your products or services on Twitter, make sure you link it to your social media pages.
These are the steps that you may follow in order to make use of the power of social networking sites to promote your business. But the best part about it is that it helps you get valued feedback from your potential customers about the products or services you render.
Author’s Bio – Jonny Pean is a veteran finance counselor. He works as a consultant for many online communities like easyfinance.com