There are many business people out there that understand the power of the Internet when it comes to buying and selling their goods and services and making money on the Internet. Now there are a number of the same entrepreneurs that understand the need for changing over to social media for advertising.
Business has been on the Twitter bandwagon for some time now and although you might miss that in the barrage of celebrity tweets and corresponding news, here’s a few helpful hints for getting all that you can from this media.
- Let your followers lead. There’s never been anything quite like social media generally for firms that want to poll their client’s preferences and Twitter allows you to do that through your followers. Treat them like shareholders and ask what they like and dislike about your product or service.
- Loyalty Programs. Still in their infancy, these are an idea that blends in perfectly with social media generally and Twitter specifically. Starbucks and other bigger names are experimenting with a reward program for their followers. Whatever kind of program gets crafted, it helps to build a customer base and even works with branding. Here’s an example. Tasti D-Lite gives customers a treat card when they tweet about the brand.
- Do Your Homework. There are lots of tools on Twitter that help users keep tabs on each other. Twitter Lists can be geared up so that you can learn all about the trends and likes and dislikes surrounding your brand. Try a few applications here to find the one that best suits your needs.
- Hit your market. Using the right tool for the job is often the best way to get to your target audience and Twitter supplies the methods to narrow your search. Promoted Tweets supply a great way to get to the specific audience you need to.
- Metadata. Soon you’ll be able to add you own metadata to your tweets and further individualize the experience for business users. It should help you with loyalty programs and identifiers.
Remember one of the constant ideas behind Twitter, or any other social media platform, is constant application to make money on the Internet. For many businesses that means hiring a qualified individual who can take your direction and make it a social media reality. Getting the right ROI here means having someone working with you that can manage all of the information and opportunity supplied by Twitter.